Wednesday 11 September 2013

More Treasures

I'm still busy painting my small finds for the 30 days challenge on Facebook. The results are here but the photos are not that good. Most of them taken with my iPhone. But it's just to share it and give you an idea. Also I would like to add that not all thingies are that well painted. I hate painting leaves and the one leaf I did of the Amelanchier lamarckii turned out a bit poorly. So let's start with that one:


The next one I painted was much better and also more fun. It's the seed pods of Iris sibirica. I paint them almost every year because they are never boring.

The one I painted after that was the most fun so far. The seed of a Lime tree or Linden, if you prefer that. Tilia x europaea seeds with a small leaf. It went surprisingly fast and turned out so nice. I'm really happy with this one.


Yesterday I painted a small sprig of flowers of Clematis vitalba. Again, this is a terrible photo but it's the best I could do with my iPhone. Perhaps later I'll try to take a better picture of it.



And today I painted a teeny-tiny Hydrangea flower of my Preziosa. Again, it's one of those subjects I paint every year because I never get tired of them. Actually I'm painting an entire sheet full of those flowers. Each year I take out that sheet and add a few more flowers.


There will be more to come....

2 comments:

Dianne Sutherland said...

Great stuff Sigrid!.... the iris seed pod is sooo good! well they all are! I'm loving painting the small stuff :)

MagaMerlina said...

I discovered you through Flickr and I love your work. It's very delicate and beautiful!